Thrutainers International would like notify all our customers of the updated requirements that are applicable for cargo destined for Zambia.
- Consignee's agent must pay destination charges and supply original HBL ( if applicable ) prior to goods being dispatched from South Africa to final destination ( Please endorse HBL with comments )
- Any cargo measuring over 1.3 meter in height is not stackable.
- Cargo exceeding 3 meter length, 2 meter width and height is on a request basis only.
- HCC (health clearance certificate) is to be provided for FOOD & DRINK INGREDIENTS/ ADDITIVES/ FLAVOURANTS/ FLAVOURS/ SPICES.
- Oils and lubricants to be accompanied by an approval and/or waiver confirmation from the ERB (Energy Regulation Board) in Zambia ( check with Thrutainers prior to shipping for acceptance ).
- Fragile cargo, hazardous cargo and personal effects are not stackable.
- Non-stackable cargo is charged at Per Ton or 1 Cubic Meter.
- All Hazardous Cargo requires prior approval and may be subject to additional “Other Government Agency” charges.
- All food items and medical or medicinal items for human and or animal consumption requires prior approval and may be subject to additional “Other Government Agency” charges
The amended requirements are effective 1st October 2020 ( Truck departure ).